[kictanet] Talk-2-Safaricom: Days 1 of 6 (Monday 6th Feb) - Consumer Issues

Grace B nmutungu at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 17:57:35 EAT 2017

Thank you so much Steve , Walu et al for the engagement.
First of all, I am grateful to Safaricom for being almost everywhere. I was
in parts of Kapedo, Baragoi and Mandera last year and it was unbelievable
that I could post pictures and read news online from some of those far
flung places. It just struck me that Safaricom is a company that intends to
stay in Kenya for the next 100 years.
Realising that the company is an important part of Kenyan life,  my
question is whether Safaricom has a human rights policy or guidelines for
its operations. This is not just in relation to access to customer data,
child online protection and privacy but also in other areas such as
environment, how/who you contract and compensation for victims of rights
abuses.

Regards,

Grace L.N. Mutung'u
Skype: gracebomu