[kictanet] Regaining Mobile's grip on network connectivity

Ahmed Mohamed Maawy ultimateprogramer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 16:49:25 EAT 2017

Hello Ali,

I had written about this in an earlier LinkedIn Post I did earlier last
year:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/telecommunication-revolution-here-ahmed-mohamed-maawy
(Titled the Telecommunication Revolution is here)

It just beats logic why we push to 4G.. 5G. The infrastructure needed to
roll that out on mobile devices as well as service providers alone is
extremely costly. The way things go, I think Telcos are bound to be brought
back to earth if they don't switch to being corporate "Internet Service
Providers" - Literally speaking.

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 8:43 AM, Ali Hussein via kictanet <

> Listers
>
> Interesting article.
>
> While mobile operators struggle to tap into adjacent pools of value, they
> could be overlooking real threats to their core business.  Consumers on
> the go may soon no longer need mobile operators to stay connected with
> the wider world. Wi-Fi networks, frequently offered free, are becoming much
> more commonplace, and emerging low-power and satellite systems could
> provide other ways for users to bypass traditional mobile networks entirely.
>
> Read on
>
> Regaining Mobile's grip on network connectivity
> <http://www.mckinsey.com/industries/telecommunications/our-insights/regaining-mobiles-grip-on-network-connectivity?cid=other-eml-alt-mip-mck-oth-1708&hlkid=5e54c701c75e41309789448621848e8c&hctky=1578625&hdpid=bc8b0b0c-ddb7-4324-9f97-adc7f02c45f6>
>
> *Ali Hussein*
>
> *Principal*
>
> *Hussein & Associates*
>

> Tel: +254 713 601113
>
> Twitter: @AliHKassim
>
> Skype: abu-jomo

> <http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim>
>

> 13th Floor , Delta Towers, Oracle Wing,
>
> Chiromo Road, Westlands,
>
> Nairobi, Kenya.
>
> Any information of a personal nature expressed in this email are purely
> mine and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of the
> organizations that I work with.

> mailman/options/kictanet/ultimateprogramer%40gmail.com

*Ahmed Maawy*
Head of Corporate Products - Al Jazeera Media Network
Skype: ultimateprogramer