[kictanet] Day 2 on Fake News: Platform Responsibility

kanini mutemi kaninimutemi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 10:24:16 EAT 2017

Good morning Listers.

It's another great day to talk about Fake News! Day 1 we focused on the
prevalence of Fake News and the role of different stakeholders in combating
it. Now we move to *Platform Responsibility. *

For those who are just joining us, KICTANet is carrying out a three day
online engagement with the National Cohesion and Integration Commission
(NCIC) on how to deal with Fake News. Feel free to share your proposals on
possible interventions.

Here are some questions to guide our discussion today:

*(a) What is the effect of Fake News to the mainstream media?*

*(b) **What is the role of the Kenyan media in combating Fake News?*

*(c) *
*Is the Kenyan media doing enough?*

*(d) **What should platforms such as Facebook and Google be doing to reduce
the effect of Fake News? Is there a need for localised solutions?*

Fire away.
--
*Mercy Mutemi*.