[kictanet] Fwd: Tips to Spot False News

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at kictanet.or.ke
Tue Aug 8 11:37:31 EAT 2017

FYI

--- Original message follows ---
Subject: Tips to Spot False News
From: "FB Africa Policy"
To: undisclosed recipients:
Date: 08-08-2017 01:37

If your organization has an active WhatsApp group, we wanted to
provide some tips on how to detect false news. The tips can easily be
distributed on WhatsApp and we hope you can share them with your
networks.

We know that WhatsApp groups provide a space for people to connect and
share. We take fighting false news via Facebook and WhatsApp
seriously. We hope that you can share these tips with your networks.
Attached are 10 images with tips on how to spot false news. We
encourage you to share these with your WhatsApp community. Directions
on how to share the images are below.

Our recommendation is to send all of these 10 photos + cover photo in
sequence. WhatsApp will automatically group them into an album so it's
easy to read. Here are the instructions for sending multiple photos in
both Android and iPhone.

For Android:
1. Select multiple photos and send.

For iPhone:
1. Tap on the media sharing button next to the text field.
2. Select “Choose Existing Photo”
3. Now, select one of the photos you want to send. (Note that you
can't select multiple photos here…)
4. Once you select the photo, on the next screen, tap on “+” as
shown below.
5. Now, you just have to select all the photos you want to send.
6. Once you've added the photos, tap on Done. And then, tap on Send.
The photos will be sent.

Best

The Facebook Africa Policy Team

Co-Convenor
Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet)
Twitter:@ggithaiga
Tel: 254722701495
Skype: gracegithaiga
Alternate email: ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gracegithaiga
www.kictanet.or.ke

"Change only happens when ordinary people get involved, get engaged
and come together to demand it. I am asking you to believe. Not in my
ability to bring about change – but in yours"---Barrack Obama.