[kictanet] IEBC Website - Polling stations with no GSM Coverage

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Mon Aug 7 17:31:18 EAT 2017

The tender schedule for transmission from IEBC shows which of the 3
cellular companies -- Telkom, Safaricom, and Airtel got contracts to
transmit in which regions across the country. A county can have Safaricom
network (which has the widest coverage), but the tender was given to Airtel
and Telkom.

My question would be why they had to tender for a service with transparent
pricing like cellular services. Each center could possibly have used a sim
card with the service that is available in that region.

Attaches is an image with the distribution.

Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya
twitter.com/lordmwesh

On 7 August 2017 at 12:25, Barrack Otieno via kictanet <