[kictanet] Safaricom network breakdown

Collins Areba arebacollins at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 11:13:02 EAT 2017

I refuse to believe that Safaricom, carrier of a single digit fraction of
our economy, transmitter of messages sensitive and life saving, exchanger
of news good and bad, and payer ot taxes like no other, could have grown to
where it is with a design flaw such as a single point of failure.

This is not possible, and until / unless Safaricom comes out and explains
the sequence of events that would trigger a Nationalwide blackout, they
remain suspects. Co conspirators in what the public perceives as an early
plan to do some mischief come August.

The burden of proof this time around lies squarely at the doorstep of Bob &
team.

#MyPeniMbili

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 10:44 AM, Victor Kapiyo via kictanet <

> Morning,
>
> I don't know about everyone else, but this is not encouraging. Would be
> happy to hear from Safaricom and CA about the cause of the problem and
> safeguards put in place to ensure such incidences are avoided in the
> future.
>
> *Millions of Safaricom customers were unable to make calls Monday morning
> after the mobile service provider experienced a technical hitch. The
> technical problem affected subscribers countrywide with the company saying
> it is working to resolve the issue. “Sorry we are having a slight technical
> fault with the network services countywide but the issue is being
> resolved,” the company posted on its Twitter account. Data from
> Communications Authority of Kenya shows that Safaricom has the highest
> number of mobile subscribers with 26.6 million customers.*
>
> http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Safaricom-network-breakdown-
> affects-millions/1056-3901410-ixo1sqz/index.html
>

> *Victor Kapiyo*
> Partner | *Lawmark Partners LLP*
> *Web: www.lawmark.co.ke <http://www.lawmark.co.ke> *
> mailman/options/kictanet/arebacollins%40gmail.com

Regards,

Collins Areba,
Kilifi, Kenya.
Tel: +*254 707 750 788 */ *0731534124*