[kictanet] Freedom of Information laws and records management/ e- discussion continued

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Thu Apr 20 15:52:43 EAT 2017

Thanks Henry for digging this up.

When I first read about the army worm having attacked Zambia and Uganda in
early January, I was hoping Kenya would be spared. With Unga at 140 bob, we
can only sympathize with the Kenyan consumer. I can imagine government will
give a solution after all the crop 🌾 has been destroyed.

The poor subsistence farmers of 2 acres crop were being advised to spray
their crop with Omo detergent. You can bet how that went. Wasted resources
and energy.

FOI is an issue we should demand as a citizenry for many sectors of our
society  not just agriculture. The army worm is just one example that is
bitting us now. I read this article on how rabies has been killing children
in Kenya for lack of proper information
http://mobile.nation.co.ke/blogs/Key-myths-that-allow-rabies-to-thrive/1949942-3894346-item-1-qvbigl/index.html

I wonder if the Ministry of "Information" has anything up its sleeves.