[kictanet] Freedom of Information laws and records management/ e- discussion continued

henry at article19.org henry at article19.org
Thu Apr 20 13:31:45 EAT 2017

Dear All,

The demand side for information is clear but it continues to be frustrated by the bureaucracy. For instance, we have the Fall Army Worm attacks in a number of counties in the country. Farmers sought information on what could be done to mitigate and the type of seeds, pesticides to use and at what frequency?

The government remained talking of settling aside 300million and hiring NYS to help. How then can we have farmers ask other questions if the information given is irrelevant and if not incomplete and delayed.

I ended speaking to agronomists and proposed a set of pesticides by an NGO Acre Fund long before bureacrats in Govt run an advert a week ago.

Kind regards

Henry