[kictanet] IDG Connect – Bitcoin offered only a moment of reprieve for crisis-stricken Venezuela

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Sat Apr 15 19:51:50 EAT 2017

Listers

As the Venezuelan crisis deepens, more people are struggling with necessities like food and electricity. Food shortages have even led to soldiers cracking down on bakeries using too much wheat. Now up to 81% of Venezuelans are living in income poverty.
In the midst of this economic crisis, Venezuela’s currency, the bolivar, has been in steep decline and inflation has skyrocketed. The drop in oil prices in 2014 and ineffective policies have led to chaos, sending the economy into freefall with protesters taking to the streets to demand the resignation of President Nicolas Maduro.
Read on:-
http://www.idgconnect.com/blog-abstract/25907/bitcoin-offered-moment-reprieve-crisis-stricken-venezuela

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."  ~ Aristotle

Sent from my iPad