[kictanet] Where Innovation and Regulation Meet!

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Thu Sep 29 14:35:41 EAT 2016

Barrack, Eric and all

Agreed.

My take and a polite challenge to government players is this:-

KICTANet, always cognizant of its Multi-Stakeholder DNA created this OPEN working group so that all players - Government and Non-Government - can participate and shape its direction from the ground up. In the first meeting we had representation from Big Business, SMEs, Startups, Hubs and NGOs.

Non from Government.

This is still early days and I encourage Government players to play a pivotal role in defining how this country will take up and use this pivotal technology.

Our next meet up will likely be at an Innovation Hub of one of the leading IT Companies in the world who have expressed interest to partner with us. This should give comfort to players who may likely be cautious of the direction this Working Group may take.

One thing I assure all is this:-

KICTANet is Multi-Stakeholder and Non-Partisan in how we approach matters of National Interest.

 Thank you all.

PS: The Core Working Group is taking shape and we propose a Maximum of 10 People to enable this group to move with speed and at the same be as inclusive as possible. This group will then be answerable to us all. So if you haven't pinged me yet please do so soonest.

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what no one else has thought".  ~ Albert Szent-Györgyi

Sent from my iPad