[kictanet] Digital Financial Inclusion

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Wed Sep 14 12:31:41 EAT 2016

Barrack

There are cases where whether or not political will is there it will happen. For example if it were left up to the the Finance Minister of the time, Mpesa would not have seen the light of day..

We are entering a new time where Govt and Regulators must equip themselves with new tools to navigate The New Normal.

Power is no longer taken by force...it is Orchestrated by players who are given that power by the people in ways we could never have imagined.

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what no one else has thought".  ~ Albert Szent-Györgyi

Sent from my iPad

> On 14 Sep 2016, at 10:37 AM, Barrack Otieno via kictanet <kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke> wrote:
>
> Ahmed,
>
> It might not be as easy as it appears. Biggest impediment, political
> will. Look at how we are flipflopping with EAC.
>
> Best Regards
>
>> On 9/14/16, Peter Wakaba via kictanet <kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke> wrote:
>> Then there was the launch of M-visa yesterday which brings
>> 'inter-operability' with (minimal/no?) charges while riding on banks mobile
>> platforms.
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 10:19 AM, Ahmed Mohamed Maawy via kictanet <
>>
>>> These are now the days the M-Pesa glory will go to the archives and more
>>> organized eco-systems (with Mobile Operators spanning tens of countries
>>> in
>>> Africa) will come with a unified payment system for cross-boundary mobile
>>> money transactions support. Imagine trading in COMESA countries like
>>> this.
>>>
>>> I am hoping Safaricom is watching.

>>> --
>>> *Ahmed Maawy*
>>> Executive Director - SwahiliBox / M-Power (CBO)
>>> Curator - Global Shapers Mombasa Hub
>>> Ambassador - Open Knowledge
>>> Director - Startup Grind Mombasa
>>> Software Developer - AJ+ / EveryLayer