[kictanet] The Tricky Power in Facebook's Hands...

Tony White tony.mzungu at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 09:47:54 EAT 2016

This is a thorny issue!  Everything written is offensive to somebody.
If I express a religious view, or a political view, there are bound to
be others having an opposing view.  This is normal.  But if my view is
grossly offensive to the majority, should it be 'removed'?  How can
any algorithm make these choices?  ...And if the majority view
suppresses all minority views, are we not advocating totalitarianism?

More questions than answers, I'm afraid.

Have an inoffensive weekend, people ;)

Tony

Tony White