[kictanet] Facebook, Twitter and Instagram Share Data with Location-based Social Media Surveillance Startup

Ahmed Mohamed Maawy ultimateprogramer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 19:41:55 EAT 2016

*The ACLU of California has obtained records showing that Twitter,
Facebook, and Instagram provided user data access to Geofeedia, a developer
of a social media monitoring product that we have seen marketed to law
enforcement as a tool to monitor activists and protesters. We are pleased
that after we reported our findings to the companies, Instagram cut off
Geofeedia’s access to public user posts, and Facebook has cut its access to
a topic-based feed of public user posts.*

More here:
https://www.aclu.org/blog/free-future/facebook-instagram-and-twitter-provided-data-access-surveillance-product-marketed

--
*Ahmed Maawy*
Executive Director - SwahiliBox / M-Power (CBO)

swahilibox.co.ke
globalshapers.org
www.okfn.org <http://okfn.org/>
startupgrind.com