[kictanet] Africa ICT Summit to Discuss How IoT will advance Afrca's Develop0ment

Brian Muhia bmn at savannahinformatics.com
Tue Oct 4 10:16:55 EAT 2016

Thanks for the update, Waudo. I really hope people are discussing the
technical challenges for ensuring security in IoT devices, seeing as the
number of devastating denial-of-service attacks is increasing because of
unsecured devices. The biggest such DDoS attack to date, clocking in at
1Tbps, was used against an ISP called OVH. The source of this data was a
set of 15,000 hacked IoT devices. This problem is only going to get worse
the more IoT hype there is, since most companies will only spend the
minimum to get their product out. What to do here?

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 8:22 AM waudo siganga via kictanet <

> http://smartworldngr.com/2016/10/03/aficta-2016-summit-to-discuss-how-iot-will-advance-africas-development
> /

Software Engineer - Savannah Informatics Ltd.