[kictanet] Threats to our Internet freedom remain plentiful

Liz Orembo lizorembo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 13:19:31 EAT 2016

Listers,

This article is worth reading as we head towards the elections.

To Quote:

"...Kenya, having a more sophisticated leadership, can encroach on Internet
freedoms in more subtle ways than many other African countries can.

In other words, Kenyan authorities are unlikely to orchestrate a
countrywide Internet shutdown like what typically happens in Uganda or
Zimbabwe.

However, they can achieve the same effect by shutting down selected zones
of the country as and when they deem it necessary"

Full article here
<http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/blogs/dot9/walubengo/2274560-3461054-52e4id/index.html>
--

Best regards.