[kictanet] The Internet under President Trump...

Mallory Knodel mallory at apc.org
Wed Nov 9 18:15:21 EAT 2016

Surveillance is a huge concern. Policy change at the top level is nearly
impossible now. Bottom up solutions are needed.

-Mallory

PS -- My first time posting on Kictanet. Hello! I'm staff at APC
(apc.org) living in Nairobi as of July.

On 09/11/16 04:14 PM, Ronald Ojino via kictanet wrote:

> I believe it may be a little bit too early to judge.America has
> institutions and accountability is key, so i believe it may not be
> that bad and freedoms such as net neutrality will still be upheld.
>

> On 09-Nov-2016 3:32 PM, "Michael Bullut via kictanet"
> <kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke <mailto:kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke>>
> wrote:
>
>     Greetings Team,
>
>     How will it fair for the rest of the world? I see Net Neutrality
>     going & big business getting priority etc. Any other thoughts?
>
>     Warm regards,
>
>     Michael Bullut.
>
>     ---
>
>     *Cell:* /+254 723 393 114.
>     /*Skype Name:* /Michael Bullut./
>     //*Twitter:*//**@Kipsang <http://twitter.com/Kipsang/>
>     //
>     */*Blog: *//http://www.kipsang.com//*
>     *E-mail:* /main at kipsang.com <mailto:main at kipsang.com>/
>     *
>     *
>     /---/

>     The Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet) is a multi-stakeholder
>     platform for people and institutions interested and involved in
>     ICT policy and regulation. The network aims to act as a catalyst
>     for reform in the ICT sector in support of the national aim of ICT
>     enabled growth and development.
>
>     KICTANetiquette : Adhere to the same standards of acceptable
>     behaviors online that you follow in real life: respect people's
>     times and bandwidth, share knowledge, don't flame or abuse or
>     personalize, respect privacy, do not spam, do not market your
>     wares or qualifications.

Mallory Knodel
Association for Progressive Communications :: apc.org <https://apc.org>
gpg fingerprint :: E3EB 63E0 65A3 B240 BCD9 B071 0C32 A271 BD3C C780