[kictanet] How Russia and China Are Cooperating to Dismantle America's Dominance of the Internet

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Fri May 13 04:42:00 EAT 2016

Listers

So the Balkanization of the Internet is continuing apace despite efforts to slow it down or eliminate it. And the main culprits? The US, Russia and China.

Excerpts from an article on this issue. Should we care? Should we as Kenyans also follow the example of these Super Powers?

 Did the Cold War even end?

Moscow and Beijing, deeply resentful of American power, are again finding ideological common cause, jointly aiming at two pillars of the post-Cold War dispensation: a borderless Internet and international civil society. They are doing so on the declared basis of national sovereignty.

Modern nationalism has proved much sturdier than Communist internationalism; besides, the jaded, if not cynical, Sino-Russian approach to globalization has more than an echo of resurgent nationalism in the West itself, not least with regard to the Internet. If this is not quite a Cold War, it is hard to see how such trends can lead, in any way, to peace or to prosperity.

Read on:-

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/scott-malcomson/russia-china-internet_b_9841670.html

Regards

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113 / 0770906375

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what no one else has thought".  ~ Albert Szent-Györgyi

Sent from my iPad