[kictanet] Is Facebook biased on its newsfeed?

Ahmed Mohamed Maawy ultimateprogramer at gmail.com
Thu May 12 18:47:58 EAT 2016

I may be wrong anyway Ali. But maybe its the way I see these 2 disciplines.

But I think Algorithms are more of computations and logic operations.
Machine Learning gives these Algorithms the decision making capabilities
and comprise of a set of algorithms + historic data with the capability to
make predicitions.

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 6:44 PM, Ali Hussein <ali at hussein.me.ke> wrote:

> Ahmed
>
> I stand educated. :-)
>
> Thank you.
>
> Ali Hussein
> Tel: +254 713 601113
> On May 12, 2016 6:42 PM, "Ahmed Mohamed Maawy" <
> ultimateprogramer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ali, This is what I mean:
>>
>> Algorithms: a process or set of rules to be followed in calculations or
>> other problem-solving operations, especially by a computer.
>>
>> Machine Learning: Machine learning is a subfield of computer science that
>> evolved from the study of pattern recognition and computational learning
>> theory in artificial intelligence. In 1959, Arthur Samuel defined machine
>> learning as a "Field of study that gives computers the ability to learn
>> without being explicitly programmed"
>>
>> On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 6:36 PM, Ali Hussein <ali at hussein.me.ke> wrote:
>>
>>> Ahmed
>>>
>>> Machine learning doesn't happen in a vacuum...
>>>
>>> *Ali Hussein*
>>> *Principal*
>>> *Hussein & Associates*
>>> +254 0713 601113 / 0770906375
>>>
>>> Twitter: @AliHKassim
>>>
>>> Skype: abu-jomo
>>>
>>> LinkedIn: http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim
>>>

>>> "Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking
>>> what no one else has thought".  ~ Albert Szent-Györgyi
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPad
>>>
>>> On 12 May 2016, at 6:10 PM, Ahmed Mohamed Maawy <
>>> ultimateprogramer at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I think there is a need to differential Machine Learning and Algorithms
>>> fellows. Machine Learning is where the problem is :)

>>> --
>>> *Ahmed Maawy*
>>> Executive Director - SwahiliBox / M-Power (CBO)
>>> Ambassador - Open Knowledge
>>> Director - Startup Grind Mombasa
>>> Software Developer - AJ+ / EveryLayer
>>> (KE) +254 714 960 627