[kictanet] Webinar on DNS essentials, 18 May at 15:00 UTC and 19 May at 4UTC

Alice Munyua alice at dotafrica.org
Mon May 9 22:03:14 EAT 2016

Dear all,

This might be of interest.

As I am sure you have all heard, ICANN will be launching an engagement
center in Nairobi in May.

This webinar is therefore a good opportunity for both new comers and
seasoned "ICANNers" to understand and/or refersh ICANN/DNS.

Best regards
Alice

---------------

Two Webinars will be held, on 18 May at 15:00 UTC (other times
<http://tinyurl.com/gac-dns>) and 19 May at 4UTC (other times
<http://tinyurl.com/gac-dns2>).

*_What will you learn_*?

> How does the domain name system work?
> - What is domain name resolution?
> - How is the DNS structured, from the root to your device?
> How are domain names registered?
> - What is a registry, a registrar, a reseller and a privacy/proxy
> provider?
> - How are domain names registered?
>
> - What are some of the security considerations that you need to be
> aware of?
> - What is WHOIS? What does WHOIS accuracy mean?
> - What are reports of DNS abuse?

_Presenters_: Carlos Alvarez and Steve Conte

_Date and time_: Wednesday 18 May at 15:00 UTC and Thursday 19 May at 4UTC

_Dial in Numbers_: http://adigo.com/icann/—Conference ID: 36456.

_Adobe Connect link_: https://icann.adobeconnect.com/GAC