[kictanet] Digital Confessions

Wangari Kabiru wangarikabiru at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 31 08:23:11 EAT 2016

Happy Thursday,
The Digital Confessions!

Today marks yet another epic opportunity with the Digital Content Creation Expo @ KICD.

It is my prayer that our Tech community will rise up to be counted by raising the bar on what goes to our school-kids now and into the future without fear or favour. At this crucial time when the Kenyan Education system is undergoing reforms, go for the jugular!

I take the illustration of Digital TV which raised uproar even to eliciting Government ultimatums to industry players.

With the Easter season wrapping up, millions across the world are mourning in  celebration of Mother Angelica, founder of EWTN, the largest Catholic TV Station. EWTN has brought the papacy, Israel and other symbolic ceremonies right into the living room.
Until the digital wars opened up in Kenya, millions of Kenyans had a blackout to this now favorite station. Actually most heard of it when the comical Bamba man started being aired on radio.
What is amazing is that EWTN started in 1978, the Kenyan started watching over 30 years later! WHY?
Someone needs to explain this.

Another angle, Vernacular TV is so exciting!

But most significant, in this knowledge age, all efforts should be put in place to leap-frog while not just following trends with copy and paste solutions. We must create our our Generation of Creators!
My people perish for lack of knowledge!
Please stand to be counted.

Please save us from digital confessions 30 years to come!

Do have inspired, next-generation deliberations!

Have a blessed day.

Regards/Wangari