[kictanet] Kenya plans nationwide home address system

WANGARI KABIRU wangarikabiru at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 19 23:31:08 EAT 2016

Happy Saturday!

One of my interesting local survey experiences was with a colleague in UK in relation to one of our populous residential areas .

There was a question to respondents to indicate the nearest government office, church or school as a way of identifying their exact residence.
This was viewed as an "unnecessary question". Why so - as respondents could simply have been asked for their home address.

I guess, if you do not have bread, eat cake syndrome.

Associating this home address system with courier deliveries sounds too flat and not saying the whole truth. It denies this very important activity the authority it deserves.

This would be a great booster to the security system and people tracking, nyumba kumi initiative. It makes a lot of sense here. So does the need for a coordinated  national naming system that guides the county government whims.

A lot of mapping has been done by youth groups across the country as part of NGO projects; is this output useable or this has just been child's play?

Secondly, this is a great opportunity for the Public Service to engage young people in universities and colleges on internships/work attachments. From sending the young people back to their localities where they know most of the places, it also gives the famed work experience and keeps them busy.This way, keeping the project cost  more efficient.

Have a blessed Sunday!

Regards/Wangari

---
Pray God Bless. 2013Wangari circa - "Being of the Light, We are Restored Through Faith in Mind, Body and Spirit; We Manifest The Kingdom of God on Earth".