[kictanet] Fellowships at CIPIT

Mose Karanja mosekaranja at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 15:16:16 EAT 2016

Hello listers,

There are some fast approaching deadlines for two fellowships hosted at CIPIT I would like to remind you about.

20 March 2016 - The Ford-Mozilla Open Web Fellowship

The 10-month fellowship is an international leadership initiative that brings together technology talent and civil society organizations to advance and protect the open Web. The goals of the program are:

Increase public awareness and understanding of Internet policy issues.

Support career paths in the Internet policy and advocacy sector.

Celebrate and support the vibrant network of Internet advocacy organizations.

Join global forces and to ensure the web (from its architecture, content and importantly the humans) is kept safe and open. This is a real chance to practice what we debate here on KICTANet.

For more details and applications for the fellowship, follow this link: https://advocacy.mozilla.org/open-web-fellows/ <https://advocacy.mozilla.org/open-web-fellows/>

25 March 2016 – The OTF Information Controls Fellowship

The 3, 6 or 12 months fellowship cultivates research, outputs, and creative collaboration at different levels and across institutions on the topic of information controls – specifically repressive Internet censorship and surveillance. The core issues of the program are:

Access to the Internet

Awareness of privacy and security threats

 Privacy enhancement

 Security from danger or threat online

Join the awesome community, help understand information controls and offer ways for counter-controls.

For more details and applications for the fellowship, follow this link: https://www.opentech.fund/requests/icfp <https://www.opentech.fund/requests/icfp>

Feel free to reach out to me for further questions or clarifications.

---
Moses Karanja | @Mose_Karanja <https://twitter.com/Mose_Karanja> | PGP: 0x1529552F <https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=index&fingerprint=on&search=0x1529552F>