[kictanet] To be or not to be a pseudonymous blogger

Nanjira Sambuli nanjira at ihub.co.ke
Tue Mar 15 12:26:19 EAT 2016

To me, such a move would be in direct contravention of article 31 (d) of the Constitution.

Given that blogging in Kenya is taken to mean anyone with a social media account expressing their opinions, I think it's a slippery slope. Facebook tried to enforce a real name policy, I believe so did Google, and that didn't bode well.

While I see why the government would want to take that approach (and could be argued with s 33(2)..), it is worrisome. And "clamping down" is a militant choice of words...

Regards,
Nanjira.

Sent from my iPhone.