[kictanet] The Late Owino Magana- Kenyan who refused to be defined by his ethnicity

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 14 09:33:37 EAT 2016

A perfect tribute for a perfect gentleman, Written by Columnist - Waiganjo Kamotho
>>>snip...Permit me to share Owino’s story for three reasons. One is personal. Owino was my friend. For many years we shared many great moments and uplifting conversations. I must however confess that in his final months, I was absent. Vibrant, hilarious, proud, witty Owino died lonely. Me and many of his friends, busy with the mundane things that occupy our time, had deserted him in his last months as he struggled with the vagaries of life after returning from a long sojourn in Rwanda.
...>>>more snippets
...Owino suffered no fools and had no patience with mediocrity. I remember his days as a Director of Information Technology in one of the Presidential campaigns and the many ideas he implemented to make the Directorate one of the best in the campaign. I watched him consult for governments and listened to him advise youth on entrepreneurship and business. The saddest thing is that in a country which is highly tribalised, many, especially in power circles, saw Owino solely as a Jaluo.
..>>>
read the rest @Standard Digital News - Kenyan who refused to be defined by his ethnicity

|   |
Standard Digital News - Kenyan who refused to be defined by his ethnicity
 This week we laid my friend Owino Magana to rest in dusty, hot but serene Nyamboyo village, Karateng’ Kisumu Cou...  |   |

walu.