[kictanet] Mailing Lists Usability

Martin Gicheru martingicheru at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 20:41:47 EAT 2016

Moses,

Mailing lists are not loved for their UI, I doubt there is much innovation
left there. UI and UX is left for apps, websites and forums where
developers work every day to get things looking more swanky and ease of use
going up.

We at Techweez sometime back started a forum <http://forums.techweez.com/>
that nears the function of a mailing list in that outside of you getting
informed of new topics and replies by visiting the forum, you can also
choose notification frequency, follow specific topics (and get notified
only when there is contribution in those topics), reply via email and start
topics via email (we are yet to enable these two). Work in progress is a
very light app that will enable one follow all these via push
notifications, so you will be alerted that there is posts you need to
follow and go to the browser to respond.

Beauty of this is you have all these options, choose your pick, we also
have desktop notifications, so you just leave one tab open and conversation
never leaves you.

Regards,
Martin Gicheru
Editor at Techweez

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 5:38 PM, Mose Karanja via kictanet <