[kictanet] Wayleave storm threatens clean energy projects (add ICT Projects to that list)

WANGARI KABIRU wangarikabiru at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 00:26:00 EAT 2016

Warm Leap Year Greetings!

To back your citizens engagement thoughts.

In the event you are part of the Lenten Campaigns, as we head towards Easter Celebrations, the Jumuiya groups which are prayer groups in our villages, estates have the Lenten booklet. This week 2 , the topic has been "Caring for Our Common Home" in line with Pope Francis message on the environment. Millions of Kenyan families are enlisted through this much broader campaign by the Church.

What this boils down to is citizens who are more aware of their environment and relationships, the breakdown and implications for self and future. More so the responsibility now in caring for their environment. Abraham was promised land by God and this explains why land would be dear to most people by default.

There are many other campaigns by other institutions including NGOs/CBOs and Government Agencies  with themes of the host organisation's interests.

This means even when we remove covert or even at times legit political motives, the local citizens have a strong unified voice.

The capitalist mentality normally overlooks this element of citizen ownership in the name of - the project is good for the country or for the said people. Yet the affected people do not share in that picture.

Some of the drivers include:
1. - Disregard for the local ways "viewed as analogue in this digital age"
2. - View that "They don't get it", "can not get it" and will slow us down
3. - Not having a share in the full information
4. - Too many information sources with different versions
5. - Lack of trust
6. - No recourse in the event things go wrong
7. - Inconsiderate compensation

We have numerous successful ventures and they take a lot of time to integrate with the community and extend true benefits as partners.

While the investments may be necessary, wayleave using and ICT projects would be paying a heavy price especially due to point 1 & 2.

Have a blessed day.

Regards/Wangari

---
Pray God Bless. 2013Wangari circa - "Being of the Light, We are Restored Through Faith in Mind, Body and Spirit; We Manifest The Kingdom of God on Earth".