[kictanet] Day 3 of 10: How to Develop Skilled Human Capital

Watila Alex awatila at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 30 10:47:48 EAT 2016

Some issues to consider when considering developing skilled human capital
Four in every 10 Kenyan workers underqualified, says World Bank https://t.co/W2bpvEG8Cc https://t.co/SC94ZsQvQw
https://twitter.com/ntvkenya/status/748399466839932928
Share this post with more networks:http://ow.ly/L0kx100cZWp
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 8:30, Walubengo J via kictanet<kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke> wrote:   Listers,
Plse feel free to contribute on previous threads as long as you pick the corresponding title.  Also remember, for those wishing to directly edit the Draft ICT policy, visit Jadili platform, register and post.
So onto todays theme:How to Develop Skilled Human Capital
*ICT integration in primary, secondary, tertiary levels,*Specialized Skills (Software /Engineering)*Research & Development Capacity*eLiteracy for citizens/public
The Background:The Digital Literacy Program aka the Laptop project is ongoing and we probably have  to wait another 18-20yrs years to  see its impact (when today’s std 1s hit the market).  But meanwhile, we need skilled human capital to help move us from a net consumer of electronic goods and services into a net producer of the same.
Our R&D output in general is quite low (Global Innovation Index 2015) despite the fact that we are leader at a regional level.  What should the Policy capture  to ensure Kenya churns out a constant supply of  highly skilled manpower necessary to drive the digital society.
Send in your ideas, comments, strategies, etc.
1Day as usual for the topic.
walu.