[kictanet] Draft National ICT Policy Discussions Day 5 of 10: How to Develop the local ICT Industry

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 22:10:39 EAT 2016

Many thanks Ali, Wangari , Kivuva, Ahmed, Timothy and Walu for your
timely and well thought interventions, i am just wondering how do we
strengthen the Capacity of local Hubs providing mentorship and
incubation such as I lab Africa, I Hub, C4D Lab , LakeHub and Swahili
Box?, are there any policy incentives that can bolster the Capacity of
this Institutions? Is there a way Government initiatives such as Tivet
can be redesigned to promote growth of the local ICT industry from
mashinani?

I look forwad to your comments on the same...