[kictanet] Kenya cuts cost of acquiring .ke domain by a third

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Mon Jun 27 20:31:44 EAT 2016

Collins, That is why I said: -

On 27 June 2016 at 20:00, Collins Areba <arebacollins at gmail.com> wrote:

> But why the very "commonwealth" type .xx.yy , why not just be rebellious
> like the canadians and have a single, uniform .ke , I for one would proudly
> be lined up to register chine.ke

On registering domains on the .ke root, that may be possible after
stakeholder consultations, and change of the current regulations that
govern the .ke root. This has been debated for decades, and where we stand
currently, there is a possibility the community will allow that to go on.
Here is the current .ke regulations
http://www.kenyalaw.org/LegalNotices/pop_ln.php?file=453
So, that will come to pass.