[kictanet] Kenya cuts cost of acquiring .ke domain by a third

Joseph Mucheru joe at mucheru.com
Sat Jun 25 05:54:50 EAT 2016

In my previous experience at Kictanet, we would call a stakeholder meeting
and discuss this opportunity and agree on a way forward. I doubt we will
pass legislation to force companies on to .ke but there are several things
we can do to gain more use of .ke.  Over to you - KICTANET or KENIC

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 8:14 PM, Mwendwa Kivuva via kictanet <

> That article is misleading. The registry price for KE has been $6.5 for
> nearly two years now. Probably more.
>
> There is also no law that will requires a new company to have a post
> office box, or a telkom Kenya phone number, or even a twitter account. We
> can however give incentives, and continue selling the brand Ke, which the
> population have come to love after the great strategy execution by the
> current KENIC board and staff.
> On Jun 24, 2016 6:49 PM, "Nanjira Sambuli via kictanet" <
>
>> Also a schizophrenic read. Later it is acknowledged that they know they
>> should show the value of a .ke domain, but then take on this approach, to
>> tick off metrics and rise up in rankings or what?
>>

>> Regards,
>> Nanjira.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone.
>>
>> On 24 Jun 2016, at 12:46, Rad! <conradakunga at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Absolutely baffling.
>>
>> Is the aim of this exercise the registration or the usage?
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 6:35 PM, Nanjira Sambuli via kictanet <
>>
>>> And to make it compulsory to have a .ke domain if a registered company
>>> here...yay or nay?
>>>
>>> http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Kenya-cuts-cost-of-acquiring--ke-domain-by-a-third/-/1248928/3262242/-/sstb8ez/-/index.html
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Nanjira.