[kictanet] Day 3 of 10: How to Develop Skilled Human Capital

Kelvin Kariuki kelvinkariuki89 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 17:10:14 EAT 2016

Dear Listers,

My take on eLiteracy for citizens/public a subtopic under *How to Develop
Skilled Human Capital*

More and more government services are getting online, i.e ECitizen, HELB,
KRA e.t.c. The truth is the common mwananchi is having a great deal of
trouble in accessing and using this services due to ict illiteracy. That is
why they are flocking to Cyber Cafes to seek these services.

My suggestion is Universities and other middle levels colleges should offer
FREE basic ICT training to the communities living around them in form of a
CSR. I don't know how possible this is but in my view it can greatly
improve the ict illiteracy problem.

Regards.

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Walubengo J via kictanet <

Best Regards,

Kelvin Kariuki
Twitter Handle: @teacherkaris
Alt email: kkariuki at mmu.ac.ke