[kictanet] Day 3 of 10: How to Develop Skilled Human Capital

John Gitau jgitau at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 08:54:44 EAT 2016

specific to service providers and general internet practitioners; I have
found that network operator groups and community driven initiatives in
partnership with various institutions and government add a lot of value. I
am talking the likes of nanog,menog,eanog,tznog,various user groups etc.
Most are sponsored by the likes of isoc, cisco, service providers,
governments etc and volunteer trainers like myself and a few other people
lurking in this group and across the globe.

for a while now there has been no effort compared to lets say 10 years ago
to train good systems and network engineers. so we have people who can
'write apps' but dont understand how the internet really works or dns or
how to set up a web server, how to load balance, how to scale their
infrastructure, or how to set up a wireless network - properly etc etc.

Extending those to all counties starting from basic training on how the
internet works to advanced topics  would in a couple of years ensure each
corner of this country has people that can run and support the
infrastructure we are working so hard to build. Im saying in some areas we
have to start at the basics probably/hopefully from primary school....

JG

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 8:30 AM, Ahmed Mohamed Maawy via kictanet <

**Gitau