[kictanet] Day 1:-How to Develop ICT infrastructure

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 19:06:16 EAT 2016

@Alex,
Data Centers - Govt or Private sector to build?
Perhaps both should - to a certain extent.
At a Policy level, we want to hear what Government should do to inspire both development and usage of Data Centers.  Indeed Mauritius sells itself as a Data-Center Destination with a lot of multinationals using the island state as their preferred backup for their European/US operations.
What should Kenya do to get into that segment?
I heard our lack of laws e.g Data Protection makes multinationals jittery about storing their data in our territory. I also hear our cost and reliability of of electrical power (energy) is an issue as compared to other destinations SA, Egypt, etc.
So we need to have Policy statements that can begin to unlock some of these things.
walu