[kictanet] Fw: DRAFT ICT POLICY 2016 LINK-plse post under daily/ theme

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 12:58:04 EAT 2016

@Kuria,
Both platforms shall be used.  Check my earlier welcome message which I repost here - in case you missed it, since I know some members just joined the list today.

---Welcome message---Greetings Listers,
As promised on monday, we kick off the discussions today and would like to share the general flow and how we shall move.
Basically we have two platforms we shall use and listers are free to use one or both of them. The two plaftforms are KICTAnet platform and the Jadili Platform  (http://jadili.ictpolicy.org/docs/kenya-ict-policy#heading-1) courtesy of Strathmore University, Law School.
The Jadili platform is hosting the Draft Policy in editable format and Listers are encouraged to login and post their specific proposal onto the platform.
The  KICTAnet listserver plaftform is where we shall run guided discussions as per the plan below.  Contributions on both platforms shall be consolidated and validated at a later face-2-face function.  The overview of the discussion will be as shown below.
How to Develop ICT infrastructure (Day 1-Wed 22nd June 2016) *telecoms, broadcast,  broadband internet, postal)*Investment incentives (FDI,Equity Shares)*Open Access*Infrastructure Sharing (Masts, Ducts, Wayleave etc)*Spectrum Management*Postal/National Addressing System*Data Centers, IXPs, CDN How to Develop ICT Info-Structure (Day 2-Thrs 23rd June 2016)*Local Content, *Broadcast Content, Diversity, Cultural Identity*Access to Information/OpenData *Local Application Development How to Develop Skilled Human Capital (Day 3-Fri 24th June 2016)*ICT integration in primary, secondary, tertiary levels,*Specialized Skills (Software /Engineering)*Research & Development Capacity*eLiteracy for citizens/public  *How to enhance Universal Service & Access  (Day 4-Mon 27th June 2016) *Universal Access (Infrastructure)*Universal Service (PWD) *Affordable Internet broadband Services*Affordable User Devices How to Develop local ICT Industry (Day 5- Tue 28th June 2016)*eCommerce, National Addressing System*Local eBusiness, * BPOs*Investment incentives (Equity Shares)*ICTs in SME, (Small Medium Size Enterprises)*ICT regional export incentives*Local Device Manufacturing How to Accelerate eGovt Services (Day 6- Wed 29th June 2016)*eHealth, eAgriculture, eTransport, eGovt, eLearning*ICT regional (county) incentives)*ICTs in Society, Culture How to enhance Cybersecurity (Day 7) - Thrs 30th June 2016)*Online Citizen Safety, *Child Protection*Privacy issues*Security business transactions (Info-Security)*Security & Reliability of Critical ICT infrastructure Emerging Issues (Day 8 -Fri 1st July 2016)Internet of Things, M2MNet Neutrality & OTTBig Data Virtual Money/BlockChains Institutional, Legal & Regulatory Framework (Day 9-Mon 4th July 2016)Role of Regulator, USAC, CERTs, NCS, ICTA, PCK, CSO, Professional Bodies etcNeeded Legislation, Data Protection, eTransaction, Intermediary Liability etc DAY 10, Tue 5th July -Wrap UP Closure
I look forward to your active engagement.
J. Walubengofor KICTAnet.