[kictanet] KRA, M-PESA and our bank accounts

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Thu Jun 16 11:45:11 EAT 2016

Thanks Nanjira.

I see where the next battle will be. In the legislative assembly. We need
to be vigilant. This is such a great topic for the 2016 IGF, although data
protection was discussed in the 2015 IGF.  We were honored to have Stephen
Chege represented Safaricom in the debates.

<snip>

Safaricom said it will not give the Kenya Revenue Authority
<http://www.kra.go.ke/>(KRA) customer data unless laws touching on
confidentiality are changed to allow the mining of such information.

“As you are aware, the Constitution of Kenya restricts access to
confidential customer information,” Stephen Chege, Safaricom
<http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/stocks/-/1322440/1394278/-/shkse6/-/index.html>’s
corporate affairs director
</snip>

Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya
twitter.com/lordmwesh

On 16 June 2016 at 11:05, Nanjira Sambuli via kictanet <