[kictanet] CAK Cybersecurity Regulations

Grace Mutung'u (Bomu) nmutungu at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 19:19:10 EAT 2016

While I agree on the need for more civil society participation in these
processes, we must commend CA for this level of transparency. This is a
good practice and it will encourage us to give written input in future.
Looking forward to the final draft. It shall be interesting to see how
different views are taken in/ reconciled.
@Nanjira, one of the gaps could be that there are very few CSOs with staff
dedicated to regulatory processes. CSOs need to strategise on how to work
with the limited resources available.
Regards,

kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke>:

> Impressed to see that at least two listers submitted their views, and that
> CAK posted an aggregate of submissions from the public consultation phase.
>
> Notably absent are civil society organisations (save for individuals who
> may not necessarily have been representing their respective organisations).
>
> What are the gaps? Capacity for (cyber) policy engagement?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Nanjira
> www.nanjira.com  <http://www.nanjira.com>