[kictanet] Are the American Internet Giants Politically Agnostic?

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Sun Jun 12 09:56:22 EAT 2016

Listers

First there there was the hullabaloo about Facebook 'doctoring' its trending feeds and now there is the thingi about Google allegedly tweaking its algorithms to favor Hillary Clinton. If you are like me and have watched Season 4 of House of Cards you can start to begin appreciating how technology companies have come to loom large in political contests.

As we in Kenya enter electioneering period (no matter that the elections are over a year away!) this issue will come to the fore too in our local politics.

http://adage.com/article/campaign-trail/google-cahoots-clinton-campaign/304442/?utm_source=daily_email&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=adage&ttl=1466205792

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what no one else has thought".  ~ Albert Szent-Györgyi

Sent from my iPad