[kictanet] [kicktanet] Key ICT Sector Takeaways from 2016/17 Kenya Budget

Ahmed Mohamed Maawy ultimateprogramer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 08:46:23 EAT 2016

I am curious (and this is something I may want to hear out from peers /
listers). But this is my opinion:

   - M-Akiba, eCitizen, Kenya National Electronic Single Window System,
   Digitize Government Payments, are very good wins for us. However also we
   need to also invest in secure and reliable systems also, I think as a
   country we have incidents of massive system failure especially when there
   is huge traffic. How hacker proof are these systems, also?
   - IPRS: Better than manual stuff, but we need to do more homework on
   privacy concerns around this and how it may work not to violate privacy.
   - Laptop Project and Konza City: Are we getting too ambitious perhaps?
   Or is it a good way to go for now (meaning where there better places to
   invest in?).
   - Telkom Kenya: Blank about how that can work out. Orange seems to be
   good at Data but is 10% more a better revenue stream?

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 8:18 AM, Martin Gicheru via kictanet <

> What does the 2016 Kenya budget have for the ICT sector? Here is what we
> picked
> <http://www.techweez.com/2016/06/09/ict-sector-kenya-201617-budget/>.
>
> Regards,
> Martin Gicheru

*Ahmed Maawy*
Executive Director - SwahiliBox / M-Power (CBO)
Curator - Global Shapers Mombasa Hub
Ambassador - Open Knowledge
Director - Startup Grind Mombasa
Software Developer - AJ+ / EveryLayer