[kictanet] Computer and Cyber Crimes bill 2016 Day 4 of 5 Part IV General Provisions

Kelvin Kariuki kelvinkariuki89 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 08:55:52 EAT 2016

Dear Listers,

Thank you for your contribution on the previous days discussions, feel free
to still comment on them under their respective mail stream.

Today we discuss Part IV on General Provisions withing the bill, this part
outlines the following sub-sections:

40 — Territorial jurisdiction
41 — Forfeiture
42 — Prevailing clause
43 — Consequential amendments
44 — Regulations

You can access the bill here: http://www.mygov.go.ke/?p=11234 or download
the attached document.

The Concern
1.   The Prevailing Clause states ~ "Whenever there is a conflict between
this Act and any other law regarding cybercrimes, the provisions of this
Act shall supersede any such other law." What does this really imply?
2.   Is there any other concern you want to raise on this part? If Yes,
please feel free to highlight it on this mail stream.

We are looking forward to your discussions on this topic.

Thank you.

Barrack and Karis.
--
Best Regards,