[kictanet] Computer and Cyber crimes bill 2016 Day 2 of 5 Part III Investigation Procedures

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 08:51:26 EAT 2016

Hi Francis,

You raise an important point. In a recent tribunal, call data was used
as primary evidence to establish a tribunal. However during cross
examination the purported source of the call data denied providing the
evidence that was purportedly submitted using their name thus putting
the whole tribunal into jeopardy, in your opinion as a legal
practitioner and other legal practitioners how does this bill prevent
misuse of the legal process or the call data as was the case in the
tribunal? trumped up charges if a very common practice and its even
worse when your data is purpotedly accessed without your consent and
used for ill intentions.

Regards

Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277