[kictanet] Computer and Cyber crimes bill 2016 Day 1 of 5 Part 2 Offences

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 09:45:10 EAT 2016

Listers,

As you prepare your comments, we had an interesting case last week of
www.uhuru.co.ke. Apparently the owner of the domain was ready to part
with it for a tidy sum of money. There were counterarguments as to
whether the domain was a generic name or whether it was a trademark
:-)(you know what i mean), it also brought to fore the issue of
cybersquatting and whether it is an illegal activity on the dot Ke
space. There are those who felt that this is a genuine mode of
business akin to speculation in real estate. Was this an offence in
light of the Computer and Cybercrimes bill 2016?

Regards

--
Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277