[kictanet] Overview of Blockchain

Elizabeth Rossiello elizabeth at bitpesa.co
Mon Jul 18 16:09:04 EAT 2016

Yes - there are many many use cases for a blockchain / decentralized
ledger.

The financial sector is usually the first to take in a technology because
margins are high and there is room for disruption -- plus the market sizes
are usually larger...but here are two of the many other use cases (run by
female founders!):

Everledger <http://www.everledger.io/> is a South-African/UK company with
deep experience in gem certification that uses hi-tech photography to
record unique identities of diamonds, search databases for their
authenticity, then use the bitcoin blockchain to store a "smart contract"
forever...so that no two people can "own" the same diamond.  This also will
unlock these diamonds for insurance and asset-financing.

Stem <https://stem.is/> is a US team that were Music Producers and Managers
and is creating a way to put copywritten information on the bitcoin
blockchain to unlock revenue streams

--
Elizabeth Rossiello
CEO and Co-Founder