[kictanet] ICTAK can’t speak for Kenya’s entire ICT sector

waudo siganga emailsignet at mailcan.com
Tue Jul 12 00:29:43 EAT 2016

I was actually wondering why Walu had gone reticent. Almost thought he
had been promised one of the 5 juicy seats. People should learn from
this episode: be vigilant and don't take your freedoms for granted

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016, at 08:42 PM, Grace Githaiga via kictanet wrote:
> It is not clear who coined the phrase "Be careful what you wish for;
> you might just get it". That, however, may be what has just happened.
> Two years ago, I blogged[1] about the need to have the ICT sector
> organised under one legally recognised umbrella body.
> http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/blogs/dot9/walubengo/-/2274560/3290310/-/khfydez/-/index.html

> The Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet) is a multi-stakeholder
> platform for people and institutions interested and involved in ICT
> policy and regulation. The network aims to act as a catalyst for
> reform in the ICT sector in support of the national aim of ICT enabled
> growth and development.

> online that you follow in real life: respect people's times and
> bandwidth, share knowledge, don't flame or abuse or personalize,
> respect privacy, do not spam, do not market your wares or
> qualifications.

Links:

  1. http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/blogs/dot9/walubengo/-/2274560/2305252/-/1208fkiz/-/index.html