[kictanet] Fw: [Skunkworks] Kenya ICT Practitioners Bill

Harry Delano harry26001 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 13:28:12 EAT 2016

Hey Alex,

Thanks for sharing.  Most of the salient concerns appear to have adequately
been captured in the feedback petition, including those we have raised
here..

The hue and cry this "storm in a teacup" has brought about should serve as
a stark reminder. That let's be wary..there could be those right in our
midst,bent on riding on the crest of the accomplishments within the
industry and the community, and the expanded space ( which can be sometimes
look enticing because it is like a vacuum that needs to be filled) for
self-effacingly but subtly pursued narrow parochial interests at all costs,
including "muddying" the waters. Let's be wary and on the lookout..!

Meanwhile, now that we can impute its true motives and objectives, we all
should spare no effort at ensuring nothing short of the proposed bill being
recalled in its entirety..!  Maybe some one wanted to "test the waters" to
get a feel of the prevailing mood within the community, but got a backlash
instead. What a waste of everyone's time, when most of all this positive
energy should have at this point instead been directed towards the draft
ICT policy review..!  A spanner in the works..?

Leaves a lot of questions unanswered. Folks, this shallowly done bill is
going nowhere. Literally..!

Regards,
Harry