[kictanet] Fwd: STATEMENT ON THE INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) PRACTITIONERS BILL 2016 BY ICTA

Waithaka Ngigi ngigi at at.co.ke
Fri Jul 8 10:12:26 EAT 2016

Ali,

It's very clear now where this bill most likely comes from!

And any one whose line of thought starts with "...the rate at which technology evolves does not outstrip existing policy and legal frameworks‎..." clearly does *not* understand technology, which always outstrips policy & legal frameworks.

If ICTAK wants to regulate it's own members, fine. Let them draft the most draconian and I'll thought regulations they can‎. Just don't impose them onto the rest of us.

On another note, the ones with the 'powers'; the name ICTAK uses, is it legal? It seems to give credence to the fact that they represent ICT practitioners in Kenya, which the do not.

Waithaka Ngigi

Alliance Technologies
www.at.co.ke