[kictanet] Kenya ICT Practitioners Bill - Walu's Views

Wangari Kabiru wangarikabiru at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 7 11:06:37 EAT 2016

Blessed Thursday!

Greetings Sidney!

I refer to your last para on existence of this community as the multistakeholder platform.

I concur by saying it HAS GOT the potential, however it is not yet/not doing it;

1. Look at the contributions to the ICT Policy. If we consider this policy would be the gameplan and Kenya's gamechanger for the next couple of years - probably about 20pax, 40pax... lent their voice through this medium. Well perhaps others had other avenues

Come the Practitioners Bill, and we have a good flood across all social media. Well this may be viewed to hit directly right at the bread and butter and the innovative future.

2. For the ICT Practitioners Bill circulated to have reached as far as it is now in its current state even if it were not from practitioners then "where was this community of practitioners"? This is a BIG question as this community has great Techies. Or it points to a disconnect with policy and policy making and as such something to work on.

3. Who is/are behind the Practitioners Bill? Every paper has a face of persons to it and the spirit behind it.
That has not been raised here so as to interrogate/engage with them whether they are part of this community or not.

I suspect we have barely had a scratch of the ICT potentials to jerk our country's development.

I say again, yes the potential is there and this community would offer great service to the nation.

Be blessed.