[kictanet] Comments on the statement by CS Mucheru on the ICT Practitioners Bill

Tony White tony.mzungu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 10:34:20 EAT 2016

I welcome the statement by CS Mucheru, clarifying the Ministry's, and
the government's position that this private member's bill, introduced
by Aden Duale, is at odds with ICT policy.

What is not clear is whether the Ministry's intention is to kill this
bill, or to subject it to modification.

Let's be clear - this bill is an abhorrence to our hard-won freedoms,
and should not go forward in any form.

I would like to propose that KICTANET be formalised, with kictanet's
original founders as the initial board, and be registered as a society
with paying members.  I'm sure others on this list, better qualified
in such matters than I, can draw up an appropriate memorandum for such
a society.

If the membership fee is nominal - say, 500 or 1000 bob per annum - I
think many 'ICT Practitioners' will join.

Cheers,
Tony

--
Tony White