[kictanet] Draft National ICTPolicy:-End of Online Discussions

Wangari Kabiru wangarikabiru at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 6 12:57:13 EAT 2016

Blessed day!

I do not think the national ICT Policy and practitioners are related.

Said "ICT Practitioners" would not be the "only" persons with interest or affected by the national policy direction.

I am yet to read the Practitioners Bill shared.

What I know is that professions have "practice " Marketers,and Lawyers, HR Practitioners, Electricians are registered against certain standards which include academic and professional development.

At the same time, more often than not, the "expert" Electrician when cables fall of is normally streetwise and may not be registered - gets job done.

On the ICT practitioners end, a shared definition on ICT Practitioner is required so as to have a coherent discussion. Otherwise kila mmoja anachangia mada yake, kwani hatushikilii maana moja.

And if ICT Practitioner has no definition, perhaps the drivers of the bill may have been attempting to give it a face.

Blessed day.