[kictanet] Draft National ICT Policy Discussions Day 9 of 10: Institutional, Legal & Regulatory Framework

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 20:26:12 EAT 2016

Dear Listers,

Before we get into weekend mode, i would like to share tomorrows
topic. Many thanks to everyone who has contributed to today's topic.
Feel free to continue contributing to previous discussions.

The Background:
Now that we have discussed most of the issues, it is time to look at
the governance framework for the same. Traditionally, the key
governance actors have been the ICT Parliamentary Committees, the ICT
Ministry, the National Communication Secretariat (NCS), the ICT
regulator, the ICT Authority, the ICT (Multimedia) Appeals Tribunal.

The market players have been the Operators, Postal Agency, Courier
Services, Application Service Providers.

Have these entities worked for use or do we want to delete, add or
restructures some of them?  Is there a ned to define specific roles
for Professional bodies, Civil Society and others in the ICT space?

What are the legal & regulatory gaps we find moving forward?

--
Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277