[kictanet] ICT Authority request on Connected Kenya

Rosemary Koech-Kimwatu chemukoechk at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 11:10:30 EAT 2016

Hi Listers,

There are several government services offered through various platforms. As
an improvement in regards to service delivery it would help if the various
agencies had information sharing portals in order to improve service
delivery. My experience with government agencies is that information is in
silos and trying to get a service that involves the interaction between
agencies can be a nightmare. Take for example the misfortune of losing your
ID while required to get a Certificate of Good Conduct.

1. A copy of the National ID will not suffice at the CID headquarters where
applications are made, this you will only find out once you get to Kiambu
Road .
2. One has to get an official printout of the ID from the relevant
authority which means going for fresh finger printing at Kibera(or the
nearest administrative office.
3.Once that is done one has to go to an office in NSSF buiding where the
documents are processed and a forwarding letter is issued to the CID then
one goes back to CID headquarters with the letter to make an application
for the Certificate of Good Conduct all this will take not less than six
hours in Nairobi which is an information hub, try to imagine what people in
remote parts of the country have to go through.

We all carry several government issued cards in our wallets NSSF, NHIF, ID,
Drivers Licence etc.....would it be too much to ask if some of the
information was centrally stored especially for the delivery of basic
services?

A government  platform that encourages  information sharing between
agencies would positive step in improving how the public connects to
government services with the aid of ICT as services will be made
increasingly centralized and simplified.

Regards,

Rosemary.

Twitter:@Chemu_koech
LinkedIn:Rosemary Koech-Kimwatu
Skype:Rosemary Koech-Kimwatu
0718181644/0771632344

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 11:00 PM, Dorcas Muthoni via kictanet <